NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG) 2020 (NEET (UG) – 2020) will be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses and other undergraduate medical courses in approved/recognized Medical/Dental & other Colleges/ Institutes in India.
Section 14 of the National Medical Commission Act, 2019 provides for holding of a common and uniform National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) for admission to the undergraduate medical courses in all medical institutions including those governed under any other law. Thus, the admission to MBBS course in AIIMS, New Delhi, JIPMER and all AIIMS like Institutions will be made through NEET. The eligibility criteria applicable to appear in NEET (UG) shall also be applicable to the candidates desirous to take admission to INIs like AIIMS.
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test or NEET 2020 will be conducted on 3 May 2020. The registration for NTA NEET 2020 will start from 2 December 2019. The last date to submit NEET 2020 form is 31 December 2019. Unlike the other exams under NTA, NEET 2020 will be held in a pen and paper based mode.
NEET 2020 Eligibility
- Candidates should be of at least 17 years as on 31 December 2019
- Students from Jammu and Kashmir will not be eligible for 15% All India Quota seats
- The age of aspirants should not exceed 25 years (30 years for SC/ST/OBC) as on 3 May 2020
- Candidates should have appeared class 12/qualifying examination or are appearing for 10+2 in 2020
- In the qualifying examination, general category candidates must have secured 50% in aggregate with Physics, Chemistry and Biology. While the SC/ST/OBC category must secure at least 40% and 45% for PH category
- Candidates should have studied Biology/Biotechnology with practical in class 12. Students studied/studying Biology as an additional subject can also apply for the NEET UG 2020
NEET Exam pattern
- The exam covers the topics from Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology.
- The Paper contains total 180 objective type questions of 720 marks (45 questions on each subject)
- Every question has 4 options with single correct answer.
- Each correct answer will award 4 marks and incorrect answer/more than one answer will award -1 marks
Seat Reservation in Govt. Medical Colleges (15% All India Quota)
Unreserved 47.5 %
Applicants by Year
2019 over 14.10 lacs students appeared for the NEET
2018 over 13.26 lacs students appeared for the NEET
2017 over 11.38 lacs students appeared for the NEET
2016 over 7.5 lacs students appeared for the NEET
Scholarship Notification For MP Government:
- Those candidates of SC/ST category who get admission in Government Autonomous
Medical/Dental Colleges will get full exemption from tuition fee irrespective of parent’s annual income.
- Only those candidates of OBC/SC/ST category whose parents annual total income is 3.00 lacs or less, Will also be eligible for Post metric scholarship scheme in Goverment/Private Colleges.
- Eligibility of candidates for “Mukhymantri Medhavi Vidhyarthi Yojana” –
(i) Candidates who secured 70% or above marks in 12th Exam MP Board Examination or
85% or above marks in 12 Exam CBSE/ICSC.
(ii) Annual Income of parents should be less than 6 lacs.
(iii) Candidates who get admission in Government Autonomous or Private Medical/Dental Colleges will get full exemption from tuition fee